The Distinguished Alumni Nominations for 2014 are now closed.
The Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes alumni who have attained outstanding achievements and success in their professions and /or have attained outstanding service to their communities.
- Two awards may be presented each year. Circumstances may require that a third recipient be named, in which case only one of the three recipients may be named posthumously.
- Nominees must be graduates or former students of Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
- Criteria for the awards are the nominees' professional achievements and/or personal service which may bring recognition and honor to the University.
- Persons employed by Southeastern Oklahoma State University are not eligible for this award until after retirement.
- The nominator must be an individual other than the nominee. The nominator must be an individual who is not a family member of the nominee.
- The Awards Committee will review all of the active nominations each year.
- The President of the Alumni Association will submit recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval.
- The recipients will be contacted by the University President and asked to accept the award.
- After the recipients have been contacted by the University President, the Alumni office, in conjunction with the Office of University Communications, will then contact the recipients regarding activities during Homecoming. A member of the Alumni Board of Directors will serve as liaison to each honoree prior to and during Homecoming.
- The recipients will be honored during annual Homecoming activities. The official recognition will be during the Homecoming Banquet.
Download Nomination Form
This form and three (3) letters of recommendation should be submitted to the Southeastern
Oklahoma State University Alumni Office by April 15.